The Bit error rate (BER) is a key performance attribute associate to digital communications. The quality of the signal transmission of a network, subsystem or component, can be evaluated using a BER tester, a device that compares the received data stream with the transmitted sequence and computes the number of errors.
The BA-4000 Bit Analyzer is an electrical NRZ/PAM4 BER tester designed for production floor that comes in six models:
- The BA-4000-4-28-NRZ is a 100G BERT including 4-channel NRZ 28 Gbit/s.
- The BA-4000-8-28-NRZ is a 200G BERT including 8-channel NRZ 28 Gbit/s.
- The BA-4000-4-28-PAM is a 100G/200G BERT enabling either 4-channel NRZ 28 Gbit/s or 4-channel PAM4 28 GBd.
- The BA-4000-4-56-PAM is a 200G/400G BERT enabling either 4-channel NRZ 56 Gbit/s or 4-channel PAM4 56 GBd.
- The BA-4000-8-28-PAM is a 200G/400G BERT suitable for either 8-channel NRZ 28 Gbit/s or 8-channel PAM4 28 GBd.
- The BA-4000-8-56-PAM is a 400G/800G BERT suitable for either 8-channel NRZ 56 Gbit/s or 8-channel PAM4 56 GBd.
The BA-4000 Bit Analyzer is powered up with FEC simulation capabilities to provide powerful analysis for burst error. Some of the main FEC features are:
- PRBS error check and correction
- Pre-FEC and Post-FEC BER
- KP4/KR4 and low latency FEC protocols
- FEC lane striping function
- FEC symbol error distribution plot: codewords vs symbols errors
- FEC margin auto-calculation