Types of tunable filters
EXFO’s tunable filters come in two series:
1. A manual filter - the XTM-50 is a cost-effective approach ideal for set-and-forget filtering applications.
2. An automated filter - the XTA-50. When wavelength and/or bandwidth need to be adjusted repeatedly and precisely, our automated solution provides calibrated wavelength and bandwidth adjustment and easy automation.
Both series share the same optical core that can be declined in the following models:
- Standard (bandwidth down to 50 pm)
- Wide (with bandwidth up to 5 nm)
- Ultrafine (with bandwidth down 32 pm)
- O-band model covering wavelength from 1260 nm to 1360 nm
Applications of tunable filters
Our tunable filters are the ideal tools for numerous studies and applications including:
- channel selection for bit error rate testing
- analysis of sub-band of complex modulation formats
- new modulation formats (40 Gbit/s and 100 Gbit/s)
- channel spacing reduction
- WDM-PON and DWDM systems testing
- amplification analysis
- cascaded ROADM emulation
- OFDM, active component, module and transponder testing
EXFO’s optical filters are wavelength tunable and bandwidth adjustable.