Technologies like 5G and cloud services have fueled a tremendous increase in bandwidth demand. Installation of high-count fiber and an increase in bandwidth to 100G+ have helped meet some requirements, but to fully meet unsatisfied demand, advanced technologies like dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) must be deployed. DWDM has long been a technology used on backbone transport but it’s now pushing out into the metro environment to feed bandwidth-hungry services.
Front line technicians and contractors who install, maintain, and troubleshoot metro services today will need to prepare for advanced technologies like DWDM.
This 45-minute webinar will cover the following topics:
- introduction to DWDM (5 minutes)
- architecture and components of a DWDM network (10 minutes)
- passive vs active xWDM testing (5 minutes)
- qualifying and maintaining a healthy network (20 minutes)
- understanding OSNR and how it impacts your network (5 minutes)