What you’ll do
As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will be an integral part of the Sales Organization and will be responsible for providing technical leadership, market intelligence and competitive analysis to enhance the Sales Organization’s ability to compete in existing and emerging markets. You will assist driving the sales process on the technical side in conjunction with the Account or Channels Sales Managers in DACH region, as well as actively identifying Sales opportunities. You will act as the main technical lead throughout the sales process providing best in class expertise to EXFO customers and within EXFO. You will share the business goals of the Sales Organization and play a critical role to liaise and channel technology and industry intelligence to the Product Marketing team.
What we’re looking for
You will provide technical leadership throughout the whole sales process; you will provide technical pre-qualification for new opportunities pertaining to EXFO’s products and solutions. You will serve as the product champions for existing and new EXFO’s innovations by developing expertise on the technology and the solutions applications in the industry, its capabilities, competitors and markets.
You will be working closely to Channel Sales Managers and Regional partners in the DACH region to assist technically and conduct customer visits -individual or joint- providing expert advice on the uniqueness and advantages of EXFO solutions.
You will be the Trusted Advisor on all technical aspects for any sales activity particularly identifying opportunities for assigned markets enhancing regional business
Role will include
- Providing pre-sales technical expertise in Optical Test and Measurement matter by creating and delivering compelling pre-sales presentations, and by developing and maintaining thorough and in-depth product knowledge regarding all aspects of EXFO products and solutions in EMEA.
- Providing Sales Support by learning the products, identifying product applications and by studying and disseminating market trend information.
- Assess potentially new and existing applications of EXFO Optical T&M product line/Fibre Monitoring to meet customer needs ensuring sales and sales management teams are kept up to date on the progress of sales opportunities and product applications.
- Provide follow-up sales support by disseminating technical information on specific applications within EXFO sales team and with customers.
- Implement product evaluation support, customer training sessions as well as post sale support when high level expertise is required.
- Act as an extension of the product marketing team by providing feedback on customer requirements and needs, product challenges, market trends, competitive data, as well as assisting with revision and development of technical documentation.
- Continuously educate the sales force about new market opportunities, market trends, as well as the continuing evolution of EXFO’s product line.
- Support trade shows, conferences, seminars and other marketing events.
- Take the lead with the technical requirements for RFQ, RFP and RFIs.
- Prepare reports, as required by the management team.
Required Techncial Skills
Deep knowledge of Fiber-Optic Test&Measurement technology and solutions including:
- OTDR Theory and Field applications mainly in FTTH and Point to Point
- Loss/ORL Testing techniques
- Dispersion (PMD/CD) and OSA will be considered an asset
Knowledge of Transport&Datacom technology will be considered an asset but not mandatory:
- OSI model. Ethernet, Layer 2 switching
- IP routing, TCP
Programming skills such as Python for Tools Automation and Integration is highly desirable
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with team members and customers at different levels
- Self starter, self study, autonomous and well organized
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail ensuring all Sales opportunities are captured and explored
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Physics, Telecoms, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical major preferred.
- Alternatively, exceptional track record and experience in the industry could also be considered.
- Language requirements: Fluent in German and English. Any other European language would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Other: Balance Home office 50-60% and Travel time 40-50% of within DACH region plus occasional trips to other territories in EMEA and Canada