Product marketing focuses on explaining and promoting service assurance products: their technical strengths and capabilities, benefits and competitive differentiation. Product marketing works hand-in-hand with product management to create internal and external content for pre- and post-sale customer engagement: from product demonstration and evaluation to adoption and support.
What will you do
- As part of the Edge & Transport Team, the Product marketing Leader is responsible for product collateral, presentations, sales tools, spec sheets, brochures/infobriefs and content for commercial offers, training, and customer success programs. The Product marketing manager develops and maintains the core product messaging—competitive differentiation, unique selling points, technical strengths, detailed feature summaries, solution description and benefits—and ensures it is consistently applied and adopted by marketing and sales.
- The Product marketing manager is also responsible for product-centric outbound marketing, sales and partner enablement campaigns and content. This includes digital content (web site, blog, instructional videos), promotion (advertising, content marketing) and supporting industry and customer events (webinars and trade shows, user-group meetings, etc.), and sales tools (benefits/ROI calculators, interactive online demos), and support resources (FAQs, knowledge base, technical training). It may also require adapting content to support and foster partner-enabled sales.
- In addition to working closely with the product manager, the Product marketing manager needs to collaborate closely with technical pre-sales, account directors, business development, customer support, professional services, partners and customers to ensure deliverables directly support product sales and customer success (upsell, cross-sell, deep adoption, integration and optimized customer lifetime value).
- The role is supported by training and customer support teams, as well as internal and external marketing resources including content writers, corporate communications, digital, social media, graphic design and paid media management resources and project leaders who are responsible for delivering on campaigns, promotion, event coordination, finished content, publishing and promotion. In this context, the Product marketing manager ensures that messaging, content and promotional strategies are respected and scaled out by these supporting resources.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated software-based products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Ability to translate technical features & capabilities into defined tangible benefits.
- Proactive, strong project management skills with excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Team-oriented with excellent collaboration and strong interpersonal skills – can effectively communicate across internal and partner sales, engineering and marketing organizations.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and product management is especially important.
- Knowledge of telecom systems, operations, analytics and key industry trends (e.g. 5G, cloud-native networks and applications, AI and analytics, CNCF observability tools)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, science, or engineering, or equivalent.
Experience: Product marketing, product management, technical marketing and/or technical sales background with +10 years of related experience in the telecom, IT, cloud or software industry.
Knowledge of sales processes including direct sales and indirect (channel) sales is highly desirable.
Language: Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Willing to travel on demand (punctually)
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.