As a member of the R&D group, you participate in the design, development and testing of embedded software for our measuring instruments (application core and user interface). Within a multidisciplinary team and in a multi-site environment, you will participate in the development of cutting-edge products, considered to be the most efficient in the world in the field of instrumentation for optical fiber.
You will grow within a group of software designers and quality assurance specialists operating in Agile mode.
More specifically, as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in the architecture, analysis and design of software components
- Design and develop the application layers and user interfaces of the embedded software for controlling the measurement devices that we market
- Design and develop data processing software to offer customers numerous measurement analysis functions
- Participate in updating and upgrading software for instruments already deployed
- Create or modify the associated automated tests ensuring that the tested code meets the functional requirements
- Participate in the development and maintenance of our continuous integration chain
What we are looking for:
- Mastery of C, C ++, C # programming and ideally LabView
- Mastery of communication protocols
- Experience with embedded application software and software - hardware integration.
- Knowledge of the Agile / Scrum method
- Competence in developing peripheral drivers for Windows and Linux as well as programming FPGAs are additional assets
- Knowledge of digital electronics and measurement methods would also be appreciated.
- Autonomous and resourceful
- Shows curiosity, is interested in new technologies and is eager to learn
- Skilled at working in a team and expressing himself in a group
- Attention to detail and quality of work
Education: Software Engineering degree or equivalent
Relevant experience: ideally, a first relevant experience of at least 2 years.
Language requirement: English & French
Any combination of relevant education / experiences will be considered.