As a Senior RAN engineer you will lead or participate to Professional Services missions that can be delivered either from EXFO premises or in Customer premises. That will cover activities such as:
- Technical assistance on EXFO solution,
- Network performance and Optimization,
- EXFO Product training.
What you’ll do
- Regular and close contact with customers in the context of the execution of the services,
- Lead and coordinate professional services projects,
- Analyse 2G-3G-4G-5G RAN network performance and investigate the root cause(s) of performance degradations (using Internal SW and customer’s OSS counters),
- Perform audits of 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G Radio Access networks,
- Perform on demand analysis on specific issues (new performance degradation, customer complaint...),
- Provide recommendations to the customer to solve the identified issues (parameter tuning with target value, new network settings, neighbouring plan…),
- Load configuration parameter changes and track them,
- Apply FOA procedures for new feature introduction,
- Perform workshops to transfer telecom knowledge and/or knowledge about EXFO / ASTELLIA solutions to customer’s team,
- Participate to customer presentation in order to expose the findings and recommendations from the analysis,
- Prepare and review all technical materials before delivering them to customers,
- Promote our tools and services during execution of the projects,
- Collaborate with R&D team with requirements and ideas to enable the development of value-added services or new product functionality to increase EXFO offering value.
What we’re looking for
What we’re looking forWha
- At least 7 years’ experience as a RAN Network Performance and Optimization Engineer including Radio and Transmission experience,
- Technical expertise in optimization, troubleshooting and performance for all technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G),
- Experience in LTE/VoLTE networks, and 5G NSA networks,
- Deep knowledge of vendor tools and equipment especially HUAWEI, NOKIA & ERICSSON,
- Knowledge of EXFO’s solution would be a plus.
- E2E Network Performance Management (a better expertise is required on Radio & Transmission but Core must not be neglected),
- 5G NR NSA and SA technical knowledge and practical expertise in planning and/or optimization,
- A strong knowledge in one or many of the following vendors Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei,
- Good knowledge of RAN KPI monitoring and troubleshooting,
- Strong knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G RAN KPIs and their impact on the subscriber experience,
- Good ability to analyze and troubleshoot on degraded KPIs,
- Good ability to elaborate and provide optimization recommendations,
- Support implementation of optimization measures,
- Reporting and good analytics level,
- Knowledge on Exfo Worx or other tool for Active IP testing would be a plus.
- Skills in IP Mobile Backhaul Network Architecture/transport and protocols like Twamp would be a plus.
- Good communication skills in meetings, conferences and presentations,
- Ability to work with a team composed by different skill competencies,
- Results oriented with focus on service quality and customer satisfaction,
- Be autonomous in customer environment,
- Team player, open communication and ability to work in international environment,
- Project management ability, with good reporting to higher level and management,
- Problem Solving capabilities,
- Willing to travel for short and medium term periods
Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Telecommunications or IT, RAN Network Performance and Optimization Services. Customer care field experience would be a plus,
Language requirements: Fluent in Spanish and English, French would be a plus
Education: BS/MS Degree level in Telecommunications or Computer Science or equivalent
Availability to travel on regular basis.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.