As a Senior Quality Analyst this person will be responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for EXFO’s Transport & Datacom product. This person will be responsible for creating test plans including gathering test requirements, use-cases/test plan creation and risk assessment. Identify unusual technical problems and escalate them for resolution. Provide solutions to a diverse range of moderately complex problems.
What you’ll do
- Involve in requirement understanding.
- Involve in test planning.
- Involve in manual and automated test case designing.
- Involve in test data preparation
- Involve in test execution.
- Involve in defect management activity.
- Actively involve in the test case review activities.
- Actively involve in preparing test setups.
- Actively participate in different types improvement activities related to testing practices.
- Works towards scrum team goal, not only towards individual goal.
What we’re looking for
- Strong understanding of OSI layer.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following protocols : Ethernet, IP, FiberChanel.
- Experience in testing of L2 and L3 layer Protocol like STP, OAM, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, L3VPN.
- Strong knowledge in switching concepts VLAN’s, Routing concepts, QoS, Ethernet, MPLS, PPoE, Fiber Channel.
- Experience on lab setup including network configuration using devices like Router and Switches for any required scenarios (VLAN, MPLS or any routing protocol).
- Experience on any traffic generator tool like SmartBits or IXIA and packet capturing tool like Wireshark.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC.
- Extensive experience on manual testing.
- Hands on experience on automation testing.
- Must be good at analyzing and debugging product issues.
- Should be able to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision with high quality and on time.
- Follows disciplined software development practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, who goes out of his /her way to help the team members, whenever possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A person who is more people oriented, with a skill to talk to people and get the required info.
Pertinent experience: 6 to 8 years in the field of Software Quality Assurance
Language requirements: English
Education: BE/B Tech/ MCA.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering (select what is applicable to your location)
Flexible working hours
Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
Dynamic and collaborative work environment
AGILE work methodology
Variety of social and sports activities
Social Community Involvement
Onsite Cafeteria Services
Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
Annual Bonus Program