Job title: Solution Lead / Solution Engineer
Division/function: SE Team
Business unit / department: Sales Americas
Location (country, province/state/city): USA or Canada
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With close to 1900 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
The Solution Lead Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership throughout the full life cycle of the Solution within the customer (Sales, Delivery and Sustainability) in close cooperation with the Sales Accounts Manager & Solution Delivery Manager. Identified by the customer as a Trusted Advisor on all technical aspects. Responsible for the High-Level design of the solution (product, services, Bill of Quantity) considering the customer (deployment) environment.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the technical pre-qualification of new opportunities.
- Work closely with the Sales Account Manager to assist technically and conduct customer visits providing expert advice on the uniqueness and advantages of EXFO solutions, to maximize order value and related margin.
- Understand customer needs and gain relevant data to be able to design the optimal solution to solve the required needs.
- Perform network analysis, design and dimensioning at all levels based on customer provided infrastructure and customer usages of the solution.
- Use technical and business writing skills to respond to technical portions of new business proposals, e.g RFP/RFI, especially on complex new solutions tailored to new technologies.
- Build and maintain the High-Level Design of the solution (product, services, Bill of Quantity) considering the customer environment during the life cycle of the Solution.
- Lead from a Technical perspective with the Account Sales Manager in closing sales.
- Work closely with the PLM and the R&D Architects to propose the best solution to the customer, working on product compliance and feedback.
- Close the loop with PLM to ensure a good product roadmap alignment.
- Develop and deliver Solution presentations to customers at all levels.
- Lead from a technical perspective the execution of Pre-Sales Solution Proof of Concept (POC) oversight to ensure the client is successful with the solution and that (the solution) demonstrates operational and business value.
- Consult from a technical perspective with the Delivery Project Manager to fulfill the PO commitments.
- Make the Technical impact assessment of any change request from the customer or EXFO over the life cycle of the Solution.
- Provide feedback loop to product team following solution deployment.
What we’re looking for
- Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent – could be superseded by strong job experience.
- Sales experience is an asset, preferably in a technical capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of the related domain technologies e.g. 4G, 5G, associated with the solution.
- System & IT competencies in telecommunications network industry.
- Technical expert with ability to architecture the solution with the products inside the customer environment
- Understands and is sensitive to customer business requirements.
- Customer facing, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relations builder / strong team attitude.
- Demonstrates solution ownership and accountability.
- Adaptable to change/flexibleresourceful.
- Innovative business and technical problem solver.
Pertinent experience: minimum 5 years of equivalent experience in Telecom industry.
Language requirements: English is a must, French and Spanish are added assets.
Education: Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent.
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer
Thanks for your interest in EXFO.
If you have questions, please write us at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.