EXFO is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated tele sales person to drive the business and customer engagement process within our accounts as well as developing prospect accounts. The role is measured and remunerated against a sales target (which is a subset of the territory managers targets to avoid conflict). Based from your home office for experienced and mature teleworkers or from a company office (Hallbergmoos, Bavaria) for the less experienced. The role can be either a long-term position for experienced teleworking staff or seen as a 2-3-year experience builder for those wishing to ultimately progress into field sales. The ideal candidate will have a level of technical acumen, commercial drive and experience of selling remotely.
What you’ll do
- Partnering with the territory sales managers within the assigned sales district you will be targeted and commissioned for remotely driving all business from the district accounts list. Activities will include:
- Developing relationships within those accounts
- Driving opportunities from lead through to close
- Uncovering new customers with teleprospecting activities
- Maintaining the CRM records for your accounts
- Driving supplemental business through campaigns
- Driving supplemental business through enhanced digital media promotion and footprint (Linked-In) across your accounts
- Focused lead generation campaigns targeting market application
- Provide a monthly forecast and performance report for the small accounts within each territory of the district in collaboration with the territory manager.
What we’re looking for
- Skills & aptitudes
- A love of sales! A drive for closing deals and winning PO’s
- An engineering or technical background
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional documents, consult with customers via phone and web-based presentation.
- Sales acumen and qualification skills
- Opportunity management experience
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Able to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to collaborate with supporting teams remotely
- At ease with performing both farming as well as hunting sales role
- Pertinent experience:
- Experience in Telecommunications
- Tele-Sales and consultative sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German & English.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite
- Engineering or Science Degree
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.