Careers at EXFO
Reporting to the Director – Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEMs) Business Unit, the EXFO Product Line Manager – Transport & Datacom testing is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value Transport & Datacom test and measurement solutions at fixed line and wireless network equipment vendors. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers and well as internal marketing and R&D teams.
This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in a number of technologies applied for both wireline and wireless network equipment and components. The successful candidate can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of EXFO’s Transport and Datacom test and measurement solutions.
• Work closely with product/sales teams to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for EXFO’s Transport and Datacom testing product line.
• Coordinate with the global sales teams with strong focus on EMEA to open business development dialogs with key strategic NEMs customers. A key focus is to engage in collaborative discussion to determine key operational challenges and define how EXFO’s testing products can solve these challenges.
• Coordinate with Product/Sales management teams to align EXFO’s test solutions to the needs of the customers to affect significant process change that impact customers’ business metrics
• Work closely with sales, marketing, R&D and customers to influence on the overall product roadmaps and align with upcoming customer requirements.
• Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, roadmap, pricing information to product management and sales teams.
• Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace and to find potential new business opportunities, and to market EXFO solutions
• Create an effective annual business plan that directly supports the strategic and financial goals of the business.
• Report on business opportunities in target markets.
• Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity.
• Identify potential third-party partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Strong knowledge in transport, datacom and wireless networks and technologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
• Familiarity with test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, Wireless, SDH, Ethernet, etc.) and working experience in T&M tools and methods used in labs and manufacturing environments.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers.
• Experience working with network equipment and component vendors and their contract manufacturers.
• Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in-depth conversations with customers
• Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
• Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally
• Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
• Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO.
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
• Effective written and verbal communicator.
• Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
• Initiative and accountability.
• Innovative problem solver.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/telecommunications technology or equivalent.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in the telecom industry. Background in product management and/or business development is required.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in and English. Other languages are considered an asset.
Travel Requirements: This position requires regular travel across the EMEA region with occasional travel to other regions.