Job title: Principal Software Developer (Mobile)
Division/function: Xtract PI
Business unit / department: Analytics
Location (country, province/state/city): Pune
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With over 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
Title/Position – Principal Software Developer (Mobile)
As a part of the organization as a Java Developer you will be responsible for development of one or multiple product thru Analyze, Design, development and maintaining quality standards for products of EXFO’s service assurance group. You will also be responsible for efficiency gains of team and improving product quality so that minimizing customer feedbacks.
What you’ll do
Key Result Areas
You will be responsible for
- Involved in analysing requirements and gauging the complexity, efforts and volume of tasks.
- Actively involved in code & design reviews.
- Understand the design and implement as per best practices.
- Will be responsible for solving technical problems or issues faced by team members.
- Ensuring the quality of code base is maintained.
- Ensuring that necessary Automation, CI and CD pipelines are made available and maintained.
- Active participations in agile processes, identifying the process improvements and driving them.
- Work on latest & diverse set of technologies and domains
- Act as scrum team member and resolve impediments work as planned to achieve predictability.
- Works towards scrum team goal, not only towards individual goal.
- Be a motivated team member and think towards achieving end goal and not only finishing day to day task.
- Go getter attitude.
What we’re looking for
Technical Requirements (all essential skills)
- 8-10 years’ experience in Mobile development technologies.
- Strong knowledge on Flutter language.
- Must have knowledge of Android NDK as well as Swift language.
- Candidate should have experience in cross platform development (like android, IOS and Windows).
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application
- C++/Java knowledge person will be preferred.
- Familiar with Linux basics.
- You are known in completing the assigned tasks with minimum supervision with high quality and on time.
- You are known to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Must have excellent aptitude for learning and finding solutions, resolving defects during product-testing or solution testing involving multiple products.
Competencies Requirements (preferred skills)
- Strong fundamental of design patterns and object-oriented concepts
- Automated unit test framework and hands on development experience.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN, Git
- Familiarity with cloud native tool like Docker, K8 & GitLab.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are meticulous and very organized.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You will not hesitate to ask questions and call upon the knowledge of your coworkers to make sure you produce the best possible documentation for our customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, who goes out of his /her way to help the team members, whenever possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A person who is more people oriented, with a skill to talk to people and get the required info.
- Pertinent experience: 5-8 Years
- Language requirements: English
- Education: Candidate should be computer engineering background
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer
Thanks for your interest in EXFO.
If you have questions, please write us at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.