The engineering team is looking for a certification expert in product compliancy. The successful candidate will be part of the hardware development team and will be responsible for overseeing and carrying out regulatory and commercial compliance activities for EXFO's products.
Under the direction of the Hardware Group Manager, define regulatory and business testing requirements. Provide design recommendations related to product compliance. Establish testing strategy as well as documentation and marking requirements. The products covered by EXFO are primarily associated with the ITE / MME, and T&M (Test and Measurement) classes of the certification guidelines. Several products contain batteries and laser.
What we are looking for
• In-depth knowledge of international safety standards (ITE / MME classification, T & M and batteries):
IEC / UL / EN 60950-1, IEC / UL / EN 62368-1, IEC / UL / EN 61010-1, IEC 62133, BIS IS 16046
• Knowledge of LASER and LED safety standards:
IEC / EN 60825-1, IEC / EN 62471, 21 CFR 1040.10
• In-depth knowledge of international electromagnetic compatibility standards (ITE / MME, Telecom, T&M and radio classification):
CEI / EN 55032, CEI / EN 55035, CEI / EN 61000-3-2 & 3-3, ETSI / EN 300 386, CEI / EN 61326-1, ETSI / EN 301 489, FCC Part 15 subpart B, ICES- 003
• Knowledge of environmental standards: ROHS, REACH WEEE and energy efficiency
• Knowledge, experience in certification of NEBS / ETSI telecommunications network products:
Telcordia GR-63, GR-1089, GR-78, GR-3108, GR-487, ETSI / EN 300 019 and ETSI / EN 300 132 series
• In-depth knowledge of radio standards:
ETSI / EN 300 328, ETSI / EN 301 893, ETSI / EN 302 502 and ETSI / EN 300 330, RSS-247, RSS-210, 47 CFR Part 15 subpart C
• For all the standards mentioned above, the candidate must have laboratory testing experience.
• Familiarization with the calculations and measurements concerning the DAS Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) standards as well as EMP Maximum Permissive Exposure (MPE):
RSS-102, 47 CFR 2.1091 & 2.1093, IEC / EN 62479, IEC / EN 62311
• Working knowledge of different national approvals, regulatory marks and approval processes is preferred (CE, CCC, BIS, NOM, FCC, FDA, ISED, Radio Equipment Directive, EMC and Low Voltage Directive)
• Collaboration and ease in arguing in a constructive, coherent and respectful manner.
• Good communicator. Excellent ability to synthesize, vulgarize information
• Autonomy and sense of organization;
• Focused on action and results
• Versatile and ability to manage priorities;
• Excellent ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
Relevant experience: 10+ years of experience in a position as a compliance expert
Language requirement: French and English (spoken and written).
Education: Bachelor or Technicien's degree in electrical engineering, electronics.
Other: Must have the correct authorizations and papers to work legally in Canada.
Any combination of relevant studies / experiences will be considered.