- Dispersion phenomena
- Basic principles of PMD and CD
- Causes of PMD and CD in the fiber
- Effects of PMD and CD on the fiber
- Different types of dispersion
- EXFO’s PMD and CD measurement method
- Result analysis using pass/fail thresholds
This course gives an overview of general dispersion phenomena occurring in fiber-optic communications, and the problems caused by polarization mode dispersion (PMD) and chromatic dispersion (CD). The course also shows how to test dispersion with EXFO’s PMD and CD analyzers.
The first part of this course consists of lectures using PowerPoint presentations and demonstrations, while the second part provides practical training with hands-on PMD and CD testing exercises. The course will also cover total PMD measurement, coefficient calculation, pass/fail result analysis using thresholds and result interpretation.
Attendees will receive a binder containing copies of presentations and other handouts.