Software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) will have a disruptive and transformative impact by creating virtualized and programmable networks. By deploying SDN and NFV, operators can create unified backhaul solutions that lower cost and generate greater flexibility and efficiencies in the network. This webinar considers the challenges and opportunities for combining SDN and NFV in the backhaul network, to enhance network-wide intelligence, optimize traffic, and define operator policies.
Who Should Attend
Fixed and mobile operators and technology integrators, the media, and financial analysts.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Understanding the evolution of the next-generation mobile network
- Analyzing backhaul challenges and the role of SDN in unifying backhaul networks
- Creating a modular, phased approach to implementing NFV for small cells and het-nets
- Business models for the new virtualized service environment
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Richard Webb, Research Director, Mobile Backhaul and Small Cells, IHS
- Scott Sumner, Vice President, Solutions Marketing, Accedian Networks
- Ihab Mahna, Solution Architect, EXFO
- Jeff Steinheider, Product Marketing, Freescale
- JoAnne Emery, Sr. Manager, Webinar Events, IHS (Moderator)