Reporting to the Director – US NEM’s , the NEM’s Business Development Manager – H.S. (High Speed), is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience in sales and positioning high-value solutions pertaining to all aspects of the H.S. applications at US Nem’s accounts. Highly developed business acumen, technical and sales skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, PLM’s and customers. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in several technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of EXFO solutions.
- Work closely with products/sales team to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for H.S. applications.
- Coordinate with the NEM’s sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers.
- Actively seek out new contacts and customers that are engaged in H.S. applications.
- Drive the sales efforts around H.S. products across the US NEM’s account
- Work collaboratively with he Worldwide NEM’s sales force to capitalize on strategic initiative across the globe
- Represent EXFO as HS technology expert in customer visits and technical discussions
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify expectations of performance and growth
- Inform EXFO Product Management team with market intelligence for roadmap decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing information to product management teams
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business opportunities
- Report on business opportunities in target markets
- Work closely with marketing, development, customers, and prospects to set the strategic direction and overall product positioning
- Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity
- Very well versed in H.S. technologies 400G/800G as well as ideally in network core and access technologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Well versed with wireline test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, SDH, Ethernet, etc.)
- Driver/Hunter mentality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in in-depth conversations with customers
- Experience working with NEM’s organizations and or related vendors
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity and a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill
- Initiative and accountability
- Innovative and problem solver
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or telecommunications technology.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience (RF, telecom, networking protocols, system solutions). Background in product management and/or business development is a definite asset.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Written and spoken French is a strong asset.