EXFO is looking for a Software Designer UI to join one of its development team.
The Software Designer UI will be a key contributor in the design, implementation, and test of large components on the frontend of the platform.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in frontend software development, and a good understanding of current technologies, and methods, for the development of modern web applications.
- Contribute to frontend development of one or more large components of the platform
- Join small groups of developers in the design, implementation, test, and delivery of these modules
- Acquire knowledge and become a strong contributor in one or more areas of the platform, including their technology stacks
- Participate in the evolution of test automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in software development, specifically frontend development of modern web applications
- Knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes is highly desired
- Knowledge of full-stack development is a definite plus
- Experience with application deployment to the cloud is a definite plus
- Some knowledge of Telecom monitoring applications would be a definite asset
- Self-reliant and autonomous
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to learn on a continuous basis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and through writing
- Passion and curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English is a must; being bilingual in English / French is a definite asset
- Ability to work remotely effectively, as part of a hybrid work from office / work from home scheme