Working within the department of EXFO’s Research and Development and under the supervision of the Software Group Manager, you will be responsible for providing a reliable, robust and fast Continuous Integration system by maintaining and evolving the automated build/test farm infrastructure (Computers, Tools, Database, Servers, scripts, etc…). We are seeking a passionate designer for various technologies & tools used by R&D Software team.
What you’ll do
• Ensure a consistent and fast deployment pipeline
• Create tooling to improve developer experience
• Continuous monitoring and improvement of infrastructure for performance, stability, scalability, and security.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure software deployment readiness;
• Maintain and create software installation kits;
• Actively participates in peer design reviews;
What we’re looking for
• In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
• Knowledge of "batch file, Visual Studio solutions/projects.
• Hands-on experience with various SCM tools such as Subversion/GIT
• Knowledge of these technologies or tools will be considered an asset:
o Programming languages: C #, ASP.NET, Perl, XML, HTML, SQL, JSON, MVC5, Angular2, TypeScript, PowerShell
o Server and virtualization infrastructure Technologies: cSphere, vMWare, IOC, etc
o Continuous Integration Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins
o Various software tools such as JIRA ALM, Code Collaborator, Artifactory etc
• Passionate, persevering and resourceful.
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Organizational skills
• Good communication skills
• Pertinent experience: 3 Year or less of experience in software development.
• Language requirements: Bilingual (French and English, oral and written)
• Education: Bilingual (French and English, oral and written)
• Others: You must be a Canadian citizen or be a permanent resident of Canada
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.