Systems Specialist – Big Data and Analytics
EXFO is looking for a System Specialist to provide expertise at the systems and technology stack levels for Big Data and Analytics systems
The position involves taking on responsibility for providing expertise in configuration, deployment, system dimensioning, and performance tuning of the components and technology stack of the SensAI platform.
The System Specialist will work closely with other senior members of the team to coordinate development and deployment activities across teams.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software development for big data and cloud native applications, and experience in deployment aspects of the specific technologies of the SensAI technology stack.
- Take ownership of deployment aspects one or more large components of the SensAI technology stack. This includes configuration, deployment, system dimensioning, and performance tuning
- Acquire and maintain technical leadership in one or more areas of the SensAI technology stack
- Collaborate with other senior members of the development team to coordinate activities across teams
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in deployment aspects of big data technologies ( e.g., Kafka, Spark, no-SQL databases)
- Specific experience with DRUID is highly desired
- Knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes is highly desired
- Experience with application deployment to the cloud is a definite plus
- Some knowledge of Telecom monitoring applications would be a definite asset
- Self-reliant and autonomous
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to learn on a continuous basis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and through writing
- Passion and curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English is a must; being bilingual in English / French is a definite asset
- Ability to work remotely effectively, as part of a hybrid work from office / work from home scheme