EXFO is looking for a Senior Software Designer to lead a small group of developers working on the SensAI platform.
The position involves taking on responsibility for the design, implementation, and test of large components of the SensAI platform.
The Senior Software Designer will work closely with other senior members of the team to coordinate development activities across teams.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software development, experience in leading small development teams, and solid understanding of current technologies, methods, and best practices for the development of big data and cloud native applications.
- Take ownership of one or more large components of the SensAI platform
- Lead small groups of developers in the design, implementation, test, and delivery of these modules
- Acquire and maintain technical leadership in one or more areas of the SensAI platform, including their technology stacks
- Collaborate with other senior members of the development team to coordinate activities across teams
- Participate in the evolution of test automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in software development, specifically development of large systems using Java on Linux
- Ability to handle large chunks of work independently; to estimate and decompose work effectively; to lead small groups of developers
- Experience with big data applications and ecosystems, e.g., Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, HBASE, DRUID
- Knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes is highly desired
- Experience with application deployment to the cloud is a definite plus
- Some knowledge of Telecom monitoring applications would be a definite asset
- Self-reliant and autonomous
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to learn on a continuous basis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and through writing
- Passion and curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English is a must; being bilingual in English / French is a definite asset
- Ability to work remotely effectively, as part of a hybrid work from office / work from home scheme