In this dual role position, the Buyer role purchases and expedites material and services that are required to produce the technology in the EXFO Taiwan Plant. The planner role, plans, organizes, and controls the flow of inventory from raw material to finished products. Reviewing production orders for shortages and monitoring the production times will be key to keeping the on time delivery on track.
What you’ll do:
- Purchase components and supplies for the plant
- Ensure the parts availability and support inventory performance KPI
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are executed at timely manner with appropriate acknowledgement responses from suppliers
- Generates request for quotes when needed
- Expedites outstanding purchase orders and push to meet the production
- Coordinate with engineering to inspect incoming material quality issues
- Tracks WIP, schedules production, and updates the planning module in ECount
- Daily check and track materials shortage status with buyers
- Ensures raw materials are received on time and notifies purchasing when expediting is required
- Participates in the inventory cycle counts, and inventory control
- Comply with the Quality Management System policy and objective
- Other duties as related to purchasing may be deemed necessary
What we’re looking for:
- knowledge of purchasing in an electronic manufacturing environment, understanding ABC material classifications, familiar with economic order quantities and safety stock requirements.
- The Planner has a thorough knowledge of MRP Systems.
- Familiar with ECount is an asset.
- An ability to balance priorities, ability to see the big picture and integrate information accordingly, hands on approach, bias for action, maintains confidentiality, positive attitude, persistent, and is versatile.
- good communication skills
2 years of purchasing experience in an electronic production environment would be preferred
Has effective English and Mandarin written and verbal communication skills.
Degree in business or electronics
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer
Thanks for your interest in EXFO.
If you have questions, please write us at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.