In the role of project manager, you will be responsible for the planning, execution and completion of projects on time and within budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and possibly consultants to complete projects according to plan. The Project Manager also defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project life cycle. This is a key position where your leadership skills will be in highly solicited.
Your role will be to
- Lead and manage project development from start to finish;
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with management and stakeholders;
- Develop project plans and all associated communication;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner;
- Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project objectives;
- Develop and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget modifications as necessary;
- When necessary, negotiate with other department heads to acquire required personnel from within the company;
- Define and continuously manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team;
- Develop and disseminate progress reports, proposals, requirements documents and presentations;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and develop contingency plans;
- Coaching R&D teams to become more autonomous and decentralize decision making;
- Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management.
What we are looking for
- Leadership and team mobilizer;
- Strong analytical skills to assess problems or new requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once with simultaneous deadlines in a high volume environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management;
- Self-starter, excellent collaborator and team player;
- Good priority management skills, analytical and always in solution mode;
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Education: University degree in computer science, information technology management, engineering or any other related field. A person with a technical degree in project management and significant experience will also be considered. Experience with LEAN methods will be considered an asset.
- Relevant Experience: Minimum of 10 years of work experience
- Language Requirement: Excellent command of French and English (oral and written).