Working under the responsibility of the R&D hardware engineering manager, the mechanical engineering technician supports the various design and validation activities of products designed by the group. It interfaces with a team of specialists, designers and mechanical and electrical technicians, developing future EXFO products.
The challenges and mandates that await you:
- Assist mechanical engineers in the various design activities of our products:
- creation of 3D and 2D mechanical drawings
- Follow-up (coordination) with suppliers
- Perform the environmental validations of our products and write the related reports.
- Modify and keep up to date the mechanical elements of the prototypes of the designed products.
- Support the NPI team during the introduction of our products in production.
- Participate in investigations aimed at reproducing and solving problems encountered by our customers (internal or external) with the use of EXFO products.
- The candidate will be called upon to work in a multidisciplinary high-tech environment (electrical, mechanical, optical).
Profile and Competencies
- Knowledge and use of 3D mechanical design tools, such as SolidWorks.
- Knowledge and use of common manufacturing processes (injection molding, sheet metal, machining)
- Asset: Knowledge and use of integration of electromechanical components.
- Asset: Knowledge and use of SolidWorks PDM drawing management tool
- Asset: Basic skills in machining, turning and milling
- Curious, tenacious and passionate about technology
- Autonomous and organized
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work in a team
- Enthusiastic and dynamic.
- Technician in mechanical engineering or industrial design
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools in particular Excel
- 0-5 years of relevant experience in a mechanical design environment
- Communication: functional French and English (spoken and written)