EXFO is looking for Product Training specialist with high level of expertise in Fiber monitoring domain in America region.
You will be in charge of Customer Training which is key in the product adoption process by the Customers. Thanks to your expertise, you will also support Sales and endorse the role of Application engineer.
What you’ll do
Part of EXFO Services teams, you will be managing Training Center for Fiber monitoring solution:
- Deliver product training to Customers as teacher lead training remotely or in Customer premises
- Evaluate the Training attendees with an assessment test where questions will be included to ensure their correct understanding.
- Contribute to improvement process cycle by taking into account participants evaluation on both the documentation content and the trainer skills
- Drive training material creation process to ensure continuous adequation with SW releases evolution.
- Develop our digital training portfolio
In your role, you will also contribute to support Sales:
- Deliver product, services and consultative support to prospective and existing EXFO Service Assurance clients
- Use technical and business writing skills used to respond to technical portions of new business proposals, e.g. RFP/RFI.
- Provide Pre-Sales product Proof of Concept (POC) oversight to ensure client is successful with products and understands product capabilities. This includes planning, documenting, staging, installing, record upkeep and managing the POC process.
- Provide relevant customer feedback to corporate: features, futures, issues, success stories, and competitive field intelligence.
- Develop Statements of Work (SOW) for services sold to Customers to include Custom Solutions, Professional Services, Custom Training
- In some cases may also be required to provide post sales installation, implementation, documentation, integration, and troubleshooting of EXFO Service Assurance products.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role in Fiber optic environment (5+ years)
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Technically competent in the following areas:
- Familiar with network monitoring and/or test tools
- Excellent Knowledge of optical physical layer testing (optical dispersion, optical spectral analysis).
- OTDR Theory, Usage
- Knowledge of wireline test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, SDH, Ethernet, etc.)
- Knowledge of RF fundamentals such as radiation pattern, beam forming, modulation scheme, multipath, ISI, interference hunting & field test, troubleshooting & problem analysis capabilities is advantageous.
- Hands on implementation experience
- Results oriented with focus on service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Be autonomous in customer environment. Manage presentation and be capable to go to key points.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional documents and presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Understands and is sensitive to the customers’ business requirements, is the customer advocate.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and adaptable individual
- Possess leadership qualities and abilities to work with others in an international environment
- Has worked in a remote/work at home office environment
Fluent in English. Spanish or French would be a plus.
Dallas (US) or remote office. Ability to travel quickly.