The development manager is responsible for the efficient product development and delivery of high-quality product releases. The development manager partners with the product manager and shares the overall success of the product. The development manager fosters the adoption of best practices and standards to the multi-disciplinary team members and his/ her responsibility.
What you’ll do
- Manage and develop the multi-disciplinary team members, acting as a servant leader.
- Responsible for the efficiency and focus of the team at continuously delivering high quality value to the customers (end to end);
- Willing to jump into technical tasks, when needed.
- Discuss implementation tradeoffs with product owner(s) and product manager(s);
- Ensure, along with the product manager, the maintenance of proximity to the customer needs;
- Nurture out-of-the-box thinking and innovative problem solving
- Occasionally engage in code reviews in order to remain connected.
- Ensure optimal team’s skillsets and talent, driving the hiring and onboarding of team members.
- He / she ensures that the technical aspects like security, tests and technical debt,. are considered in the estimates of the timeline and aligned with the roadmap requirements to win in the market
- Seeks customer and user satisfaction (delivery efficiency, quality, performance, scalability)
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of a combination of Java, GO and Angular
- Experience in Linux development with modern open-source big data tools
- Experience in the development of containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with GIT and gitlab
- High level of project management skills (Agile, SAFe, Scrum)
- Proficient in code reviews, coding, architecture reviews
- Proficient in using development tools like:
- GIT and gitlab.com for code management, release, and issue tracking
- CI/CD and DevOPS principles
- Testing in-house and in the cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Team leadership, Managerial courage, Developing others
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships and relationships
- +15 years SW Development experience out of which +10 years as lead developer or architect.
- +5 years experience in a team management role with responsibility for a SW Product or major features of a large product.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering (select what is applicable to your location)
- Flexible working hours (Hybrid working)
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Modern Workspace
- AGILE work methodology
- Variety of social and sports activities
- Social Community Involvement
- Limited Free parking
- Onsite Cafeteria Services
- Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Group Insurance