The development manager is responsible for the efficient product development and delivery of high-quality product releases. The development manager partners with the product manager and shares the overall success of the product. He/she fosters the adoption of best practices and standards to the multi-disciplinary team members under responsibility and fuels a safe environment where innovation and learnings are celebrated.
The teams under responsibility is composed of 30+ people : Core developers, QA / devops engineers, Telecom specialists and Product Owner. Developments are done in C/C++ language, associated to a full CI/CD toolchain. The team focuses on Telecom problematics, and evolves towards a cloud-native product & deployment model.
- Manage and develop the multi-disciplinary team members, acting as a servant leader;
- Responsible for the efficiency and focus of the team at continuously delivering high quality value to the customers (end to end);
- Support and do not hesitate to get involved with the team’s decisions;
- Willing to jump into technical tasks, when needed;
- Occasionally engage in code reviews, hands on profile
- Discuss implementation tradeoffs with product owner(s) and product manager(s);
- Ensure, along with the product manager, the maintenance of proximity to the customer needs;
- Nurture out-of-the-box thinking and innovative problem solving;
- Occasionally engage in code reviews in order to remain connected;
- Ensure optimal team’s skillsets and talent, driving the hiring and onboarding of team members.
- Drive the transformation towards a full Cloud-Native Approach.
What we’re looking for
- 10 + years of experience as software Dev Manager in the wireless industry or cloud industry.
- University degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of telecom domain and associated standards
- Strong experience on product development in industrial context
- Able to understand code reviews, coding, architecture reviews
- Project management skills (Agile, SAFe, Scrum)
- Proficient in resource management tools like Jira, Gitlab.com, Azure DevOps
- Fluency in French and English
- Team leadership and managerial courage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technically knowledgeable
- Strong Change management capabilities
- Agile mindset
- Developing others
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to build strong partnerships and relationships
What we are offering
- Access to our MOOC & training courses (Udemy, Linux Academy, Coursera, SAAS University, Mentor, Knowbe4)
- Innovation projects with new technologies
- Several years of Agile work methodology
- Multi-site and multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic, collaborative work environment and modern workspace
- The ambition to be the world leader in telecom monitoring and troubleshooting
- Career development and mobility inside the Group