By joining EXFO as Scientist, you will be responsible for applying the latest advances in machine learning to different segments of the telecommunications industry. The position is ideal for a candidate with a strong R&D learning machine profile with a passion for bringing applied research into business solutions.
What you’ll do
- Apply the latest advances in machine learning and AI for telecommunications applications.
- Carry out proofs of concept and prototypes integrating AI.
- Work in close collaboration with the applied research group on innovations using AI.
- Work in close collaboration with the R&D development teams for the industrialization of AI.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems.
- Experience with popular machine learning frameworks..
- Experience with programming languages suitable for AI that can be put into production.
- Knowledge of AI development and operationalization platforms.
- Experience with MLOps principles (an asset).
- Understanding of mobile telephony and 4G / 5G architectures (an asset).
- Passion: Passionate about the field of artificial intelligence.
- Innovation: Looks proactively for new ideas and alternatives. Comfortable with long-term goals.
- Depth of analysis: Studies in detail topics or problems using scientific methods.
- Abstract reasoning: Analyzes complex information and works out new concepts and abstract ideas.
- Adaptability: Flexible and open to new ideas. Can effectively deal with change.
- Travail d’équipe: Contribue de manière proactive au travail de l'équipe.
- Teamwork: Contributes proactively to the team's work.
- Communication: Communicates ideas clearly and concisely orally and in written-form. Shares information freely with others. Shows good listening skills.
Academic and Professional Requirements
Pertinent experience: Demonstrated experience in environments focused on research and the application of artificial intelligence in business models. Knowledge and / or experience in the field of telecommunications, an important asset.
Language requirements: French and English (verbal and written).
Academic: Graduate studies in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering or a related field.