The EXFO Account Manager is a seasoned professional who has experience in supporting the sales efforts for high-value, IP-based, networking solutions at multiple levels within various fixed line and wireless telecommunications service providers. Highly developed organizational and people skills are a must as you will be establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with large, high profile accounts. Skills and ability to sell software and professional services. The EXFO Account Manager will be focused on selling EXFO Service Assurance solutions to telecom operators Vodafone Germany and Telefonica O2 Germany in this position.
What you’ll do
- Sales of Service Assurance solutions and services into the defined accounts.
- Prospect to identify and qualify new potential customers, including cold calling and development of leads through referral channels, to generate appointments and establish relationships.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goal can be met. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
- Complete all sales paperwork and reports promptly, thoroughly and accurately, to ensure company profitability and maximize our ability to deliver a high-quality solution and minimize potential problems or issues in service delivery or invoicing.
- Maintain all sales resources and databases such that they are kept up to date and accurate.
- Develop and maintain a broad background in core technology offerings, to ensure the ability to provide customer solutions and close sales opportunities as independently as possible. Adapt to and quickly learn new technologies and products.
- Provide lead commercial interface to customer’s procurement organisation and manage sourcing agreements with customer.
- Respond to RFPs in close coordination with PLM’s to provide best positive response to all technical requirements.
- Provide solution proposals and justification to suit customer needs.
- Maintain close supportive relationships with focus accounts to ensure smooth acceptance of products.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of technology seminars to educate customers and potential customers on EXFO’s testing solutions.
- Contact base in focus accounts
- Understanding of procurement process and drivers.
- Advise Product Management Team on product feature/road map to coordinate with upcoming customer requirements.
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing.
- Understanding of operator processes, in deployment and maintenance.
- How a contractor steers their customer demands.
What we’re looking for
- Good knowledge of wireless and mobile technologies and analytics.
- Experience from CRM tool (e.g. SalesForce.com or C4C) and sales methodologies (e.g. Miller-Heiman, Solution Selling).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet goals is required.
- Demonstrated ability and skills on selling professional services via outsourcing contracts for Managed & Field Services.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Personally motivated, aggressively goal-oriented focus required.
Pertinent experience: 10 years’ sales experience is required, preferably in a technical capacity.
Language requirements: Fluent in English and in German. Other languages would be beneficial.
Education: Degree holder in Telecommunications, Engineering (Electronics) or equivalent.
Travelling : Willing and able to travel, 50% of the time.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.