EXFO is a leading provider of next-generation test and service assurance solutions for wireless and wireline network operators and equipment manufacturers in the global telecom industry. The company offers innovative solutions for the development, installation, management and maintenance of converged, IP fixed and mobile networks.
EXFO is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Territory Sales Manager with a proven track record of increasing sales within the Southeastern USA. This individual will drive business development and the customer engagement process. You will be part of a team which is responsible for the definition and implementation of sales plans. In parallel you will help integrate these programs into the overall Strategic Sales Plan. The ideal candidate must have the strategic relationships, experience and skills required to sell up to VP levels.
- Responsible for the overall revenue and margin growth of the complete line of EXFO products
- Anticipates and assesses new opportunities within their assigned region
- Effectively utilizing and motivating all available resources (sales account team, technical support specialists, and channel partners) to aggressively pursue revenue opportunities
- Communicates effectively to ensure the flow of information amongst the key internal (EXFO) stakeholders and the customer.
- Understands the customers’’ business and is able to support them by aligning EXFO’s solutions to their business needs.
- Raise EXFO’s presence by positioning EXFO as a business partner who understands the accounts’ technologies and business needs
- Understands the customers’ vision, their business goals and metrics, their strategic direction and challenges, and can successfully communicate this to the EXFO team.
- Align the EXFO Product Management Team with accounts’ and engage the customer on road map decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Knowledge regarding wireless and wireline network technologies
- Expert in Telecommunications Technologies, Topologies and Testing methods
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional documents and presentations to all levels of an organization
- Advanced proficiency with solution selling, demonstrating in-depth sales and consulting skills
- Excellent understanding of market trends and competitive issues
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, Enthusiastic and adaptable
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Able to interact with people at all levels
- Possess leadership qualities and ability to collaborate with supporting teams
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Education: Degree holder in Telecommunications, Optics or Engineering.
- Experience: At least (5) years’ experience selling telecommunication equipment and or services into the telecommunications market.
- Language requirements: English written and spoken.
- Ability to travel. Approximately 70% travel required.
- Authorization to work in US.
EXFO and its US entities are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Listed on the NASDAQ and TSX stock exchanges, EXFO is among the leading providers of next-generation test and service assurance solutions for wireless and wireline network operators and equipment manufacturers in the global telecommunications industry. The company offers innovative solutions for the development, installation, management and maintenance of converged, IP fixed and mobile networks—from the core to the edge. Key technologies supported include 3G, 4G/LTE, IMS, Ethernet, OTN, FTTx, and various optical technologies (accounting for an estimated 35% of the portable fiber-optic test market). EXFO has a staff of approximately 1800 people in 25 countries, supporting more than 2000 telecom customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.EXFO.com.