As a key member of the APAC Sales team, the RF Solution Specialist is the technical sales lead for EXFO’s RF business in the region and is responsible for achieving quota and driving growth by working with regional sales managers APAC-wide. This role combines deep knowledge of 3G/4G/5G wireless technologies and experience troubleshooting RF issues with the communications and sales skills needed to prove EXFO’s value to our partners and customers. Extensive travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Be the primary technical sales lead for EXFO’s RF product lines in APAC.
- Represent EXFO as a RF technology expert in customer visits and technical discussions
- Work with regional Sales Directors to design and execute strategies to drive business growth in each market
- Stay on top of 5G market trends and customer feedback. Interface with product management to drive roadmap evolution
- Deliver internal and partner sales & technical training
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set & pricing information to sales and product management teams
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business opportunities, and to market the RF Solutions
What we're looking for
- Well versed in RF and wireless technologies IoT, (2G/3G/LTE/5G) 3GPP specification – especially on I&M (installation & maintenance) test requirements
- Understanding of cellular IoT, 5G radio network standards and functionality
- Strong in RF fundamentals such as radiation pattern, beam forming, modulation scheme, multipath, ISI, interference hunting & field test, troubleshooting & problem analysis capabilities
- Ability to formulate MOP with customers and close collaboration with NEMS
- The candidate should be aware of and able to effectively articulate the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures
- Familiarity with wireline test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, SDH, Ethernet, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in in-depth conversations with customers
- Experience working with service provider/cableco/telco organizations and or related vendors
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Possess superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill
- Initiative and accountability
- Innovative problem solver
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or telecommunications technology.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience (RF, telecom, networking protocols, system solutions).
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.