EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With over 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for selling EXFO’s Service Assurance portfolio into the EMEA Service Provider market.
This position requires an accomplished technical sales professional with experience and knowledge in developing custom Assurance and professional services solutions across networks. Additionally, extensive experience in identifying customer needs, building a challenger-based proposal around those needs.
What you’ll do
More specifically, your duties will consist of the following:
- Achieve the sales target by drive the sales cycle into Service Providers on the solutions you are in charge of, in collaboration with account team co-workers.
- Analyze the market on your solution domain and build an attack plan with Account Sales Managers to grow business. Analyze customer needs’, build technical and sales proposals with the Account Sales team
- Present, argument and convince Service providers about your approach to fulfill their specific needs
- Deliver customer and market feedback, influence Product and Solution Managers roadmap to anticipate market needs and trends
- Establish a close working relationship with EXFO product management to ensure our clients´ needs are well known and understood
- Work with sales group helping to manage customer expectations and maintain ongoing and regular communication with the customer
- Practice governance to prioritize your strategic planning
- Follow up agreed steps with the account team and plan accordingly
- Take control of escalations, involving the EXFO Sales leadership team when needed.
- Provide constant feedback to company leadership and product management teams on the competition
- Work with sales, systems engineering and the services organization to jointly develop “scope of work” requirements for proposal development.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience in a leading sales role within the Service Assurance market
- Ability to create a technical trustworthy and maintain executive level relationship throughout the sales cycle
- Advanced proficiency with challenger-based solution selling, demonstrating in-depth sales and consulting skills
- Experience in building use cases and SOW’s
- Ability to analyse market data and customer feedback to understand and anticipate trends on a given solution.
- Versed in Service Assurance solutions selling to Service Providers
- Knowledgeable of Service Assurance solutions such as Fiber Monitoring / OTDR.
- Selling attitude and target oriented
- Ability to create relationship with technical stakeholders within Service Providers.
- Leadership qualities and ability to collaborate with supporting teams
- Experience and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills – internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to work with sales team, product line, professional services and engineering teams.
- Strong customer advocacy skills complemented by ability to effectively position the value proposition and benefits from the customer perspective
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, self-starter and able to interact with people at all levels
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Innovative business and technical problem solver
Pertinent experience: At least 5 years’ experience in technology/telecommunication sales
Language requirements: Fluent in English
Education: Degree/Diploma in an Electronics/Telecom Engineering discipline
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.