We are looking for two software engineer positions for the R & D / Wireless Monitoring team, one back-end and one front-end position. As a Software engineer at EXFO, you will be responsible for developing applications in a modern secure architecture based on micro-services and orchestrated containers.
You will provide real-time monitoring and troubleshooting applications for telecommunications networks such as LTE or 5G.
In addition, you will be part of a SAFe Agile team, which brings together all the skills required for a software project (Product Owner, Scrum master, team members).
We are looking for two software engineers to join the R & D / Wireless Monitoring team, one back-end and one front-end position. As a Software engineer at EXFO, you will be responsible for developing applications in a modern secure architecture based on micro-services and orchestrated containers. You will provide real-time monitoring and troubleshooting applications for telecommunications networks such as LTE or 5G. In addition, you will be part of a SAFe Agile team, which brings together all the skills required for a software project (Product Owner, Scrum master, team members).
What you’ll do
Participate in the launch of the R&D project:
- Estimate stories for features and enablers when refining the backlog taking into account security, testing first, performance and ease of maintenance;
- Contribute to the risk and dependency analysis before launching Product Increment;
- Contribute, with the help of the Technical Product Manager (TPO), to the planning of activities, the choice of technology, development and test tools, and the review of test plans.
Carry out R&D projects:
- Lead development activities, follow development guidelines and produce associated software documentation;
- Participate actively in sprint planning and engage as a team member in the delivery of sprint content;
- Assume responsibility for portions of development testing and associated documentation;
- Actively participate in continuous improvement through Agile best practices;
Be responsible for the quality and schedule of deliverables:
- Responsible for the quality of his deliverables by ensuring the proper level of testing and design review of his modules, ensuring the completion of the test coverage of his deliverables, performing the test execution by himself, if necessary, until the quality level is reached;
- Responsible for the security of his deliverables using appropriate development best practices, verification tools, integrity and security testing such as the OWASP Top 10;
- Responsible for the performance of his deliverables at the system level, taking into account robustness, load, response time and CPU/RAM footprint;
- Responsible for delivering his own deliverables according to the schedule agreed upon with the team and the project leader;
Provide technical support:
- Bring technical expertise to the Support teams
What we’re looking for
- Back End: Java 8, Spring, Springboot, Hibernate, OpenJDK, NodeJS, GO
Common Competencies :
- Database: Elastic Search, MariaDB / Dbeaver, MongoDB / Robot3T, HBase
- Tests: Junit / EasyMock, JMeter
- Security: AAA, SSL, HTTPS, GDPR, encryption, certificates, SQL injection
- System: Tomcat 7, Linux RedHat 6.x, 7.x
- Tracking tool: JIRA
- Web Service: SOAP, REST
- Software configuration: GitLab
- Containerization: Twelve Factors, Docker, microservices, Kubernetes, Helm
- CI-CD / Devops: Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, automation, Ansible
- Server environment: Clould / on site
- Experience in continuous integration and automation testing is a prerequisite:
- You are capable of managing development tasks in complete autonomy, immersing yourself in existing codes and proposing corrections and evolutions
- Your experience will demonstrate your ability to review and challenge the software practices in place at EXFO
- You are also able to imagine how your product can be future proof and how it can integrate new technologies
- You combine analytical thinking with the ability to synthesize, you are rigorous in your analyses and developments
- Your relationship allows you to work naturally “as a team” in an international environment
- Autonomous, rigorous, and flexible and demonstrate a capacity for analysis and synthesis.
- Solid experience in strong interaction with international customers, and have shown, in this context, an excellent level of communication and leadership.
- Passionate, curious and eager to learn.
- Relevant experience: minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in software development in multidisciplinary and multi-site teams with relevant experience in a software development position
- Language Requirements: Bilingual (French & English)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Any combination of relevant studies/experiences will be considered.
What we are offering :
- Working on innovating projects with new technologies
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- AGILE work methodology
- Career development and mobility inside the Group