Faire carrière chez EXFO
Reporting to the Director – Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEMs) Business Unit, the Senior Product Line Manager – Manufacturing, Design and Research testing is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value test and measurement solutions at optical component, transceiver and network equipment vendors. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers and well as internal marketing and R&D teams.
This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in a number of technologies applied for optical network equipment and components. The successful candidate can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of EXFO’s component test and measurement solutions.
• Lead and manage EXFO’s component testing product line for Manufacturing, Design and Research with product life-cycle management responsibility and P&L accountability
• Coordinate with the global sales teams with a stronger focus in North America to execute go-to-market strategies and achieve business & financial goals
• Work closely with sales, marketing, R&D and customers to set overall product roadmaps and align with upcoming market trends and customer requirements
• Develop collaborations with strategic customers with a key focus on identifying customers’ operational challenges and offering EXFO’s solutions
• Create an effective annual business plan that directly supports the strategic and financial goals of the product line.
• Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, roadmap, pricing strategy to the sales and business development teams
• Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to promote EXFO solutions and identify new business opportunities
• Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team to execute and sustain all aspects of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity.
• Identify potential third-party partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Strong knowledge in Fiber-optic communication technologies, network systems and components
• The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures
• Familiarity with test applications and technologies (for optical components, transceivers, datacom, FTTx, wireless, Ethernet, etc.)
• Working experience in T&M tools and methods used in labs and manufacturing environments
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers.
• Experience working with network equipment and component vendors and their contract manufacturers.
• Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in-depth conversations with customers
• Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
• Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally
• Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
• Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO.
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
• Effective written and verbal communicator.
• Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
• Initiative and accountability.
• Innovative problem solver.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/telecommunications technology or equivalent.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in the telecom industry. Background in product management and/or business development is required.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
Travel Requirements: This position requires regular travel across North America with occasional travel to the other regions.