The product owner is responsible for converting the product strategy and roadmap, developed by the product manager, into actionable tasks for the cross-functional development team. The product owner ensures that the technical aspects like security, tests, technical debt, etc. are considered in the estimates of the timeline and aligned with the roadmap requirements to win in the market.
This position applies to the Software Probe for Control Plane.
What you'll do
- Represent the user from the development team perspective;
- Represent the technical reality from a product management perspective;
- Convert the product strategy and roadmap into actionable items;
- Own the development backlog, including relative priorities;
- Balance business value and technical value (see both sides of the same coin);
- Ensure that the Design team is involved upstream of feature work items creation;
- Seek customer and user satisfaction (performance, quality, usability, maintainability, security);
- Regularly attend customer meetings to ensure connection with the market reality;
- Ensure streamlined uniformity throughout the teams.
What we're looking for
- Good knowledge of telecom standards (4G, IMS, 5G, CUPS)
- Solid engineering background, good understanding of development problematics
- Good knowledge of Cloud native frameworks (Kubernetes, OpenStack...)
- Results oriented
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Innovation (capable of visioning and ability to generate ideas)
- Strong communication skills, ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Ability to build strong partnerships and relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- At least 4 years of product development experience
- At least 1 year of experience in product management
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Fluency in English, French speaking is a plus
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.