The Product Line Manager will drive product definition, go-to-market strategy and will have responsibility for the full life cycle management of the product portfolio.
Reporting to the Director – NovaActive, the Product Line Manager is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value active test solutions solutions at fixed line and wireless telecommunications service providers.
- Identify relevant product and market trends, new and disruptive market opportunities for newly explored technologies or expanding existing products into new areas.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis and utilize to enhance strategic decisions and action plans
- Innovative, self-motivated, business-oriented, and passionate about creating high value products for customers
- Proven track record as a Product Manager recognizing market opportunities and customer needs - and turning them into successful products
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholder groups (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Support) to collaboratively plan and operationalize product roadmap.
- Business acumen and an entrepreneurial mind-set bringing strong market analysis, pricing and product marketing awareness to bear as part of your product management toolkit
- Developing and evolving the overall product strategy to drive organic growth
- Developing and providing oversight of line of business strategy, technical direction, and marketing aspects of the product portfolio
- Commercializing products on a global scale
- Strong knowledge in active test solutions (L2 to L7) and associated deployment trends. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with test applications and technologies (Layer 2 to Layer 7, cloud native technologies, Video, 4G/5G, FTTH, VOLTE, IMS, etc.)
What we are expecting
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers.
- Experience working with Telecom Operators (Telco, CATV, MNO) and Data Center / Enterprise customers.
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in-depth conversations with customers
- Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers and internal marketing and R&D teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO.
- Autonomous, well organized, and results oriented.
- Leadership and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
- Innovative problem solver.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an Electronics/Telecom Engineering discipline. MBA is an asset.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in the telecom industry. Background in product management and/or business development is required.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills English. Other languages are considered an asset.
Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel globally approximately 25%-30%