The Solution Sales Specialist (SSS) for Service Assurance and Systems will lead EXFO’s software strategic sales efforts for accounts across the US market. Reporting to the America’s Service Assurance and Solutions Sales Director, the SSS will lead a dynamic, virtual team of sales professionals and engineers to successfully identify, drive, and close opportunities. The SSS will be responsible for and have ultimate ownership of all opportunities within the assigned market/geography.
This position requires an accomplished technical and consultative sales professional with experience and knowledge indeveloping custom software solutions deliverables across Wireless and Wireline telecommunication providers. Additionally, extensive experience in identifying customer needs, building a program around those needs and jointly delivering on a best practices approach with the customer. Along with the customer facing experience, the ideal candidate also needs to have experience in driving internal resources, helping internal resources understand the customer win and have experience in aligning win teams with each opportunity.
More specifically, your duties will consist of the following tasks:
- Establish sales strategy, sales objective, and support needs for Service Assurance solutions in your sector, identify customers and key market segments to penetrate, and develop business as well as strategic sales plans;
- Grow Service Assurance sales, penetrating and growing new areas of need. Thereby responsible for delivering or exceeding EXFO Service Assurance sales targets inyour assignment;
- Promote EXFO´s existing and planned solutions (monitoring, turn-up, topology and troubleshooting) to our clientele, leveraging all the values and benefits available from all of EXFO’s capabilities, including from its full product lines and in collaboration with the account management sales force;
- Develop and grow custom solution opportunities and customer base with intent on building unique customs sales organization for the future;
- Impact product development and solutions internally that provide sound technological and financial sense. Close relationship with EXFO product management to ensure our clients´ needs are well known and understood, also to better direct future product development;
- Advise customer details of solution feature functionality and implementation
- Work with solutions engineering group to manage customer expectations and maintain ongoing and regular communication with the customer.
- Provide constant feedback to portfolio and product management teams on the competition and changes in technology trends;
- Joint account strategy sessions with sales account teams to gain agreement on strategies, ownership of action items, and internal needs for success.
- Works with systems engineering and Services organization to jointly develop “scope of work” requirements for proposal development
- Establish EXFO credibility in systems solutions market space and our customer base
- In-depth knowledge of competition and provide expert analysis on competitive sales positioning strategies
- Knowledge of how Service Assurance and Systems solve customer problem by providing true consultative expertise to EXFO customers
- Assist the Account Sales Teams to position value proposition to differentiate EXFO from point product competitors early in the customer life cycle
- Train and support direct sales organization with baseline qualification and technical capabilities
- Must have extensive experience in custom solutions
- Experience in building SOW’s
- Versed in the Service Assurance and Systems solutions selling. Knowledge of telecom testing technology and methodologies a definite asset (turn-up and troubleshooting networks)
- Extensive experience selling sophisticated next generation network solutions to carrier customers
- Expert in Telecom Service Activation methodologies and sales strategies.Possess the ability to build this new business for EXFO
- Outstanding relationships and knowledge of the network service providers market – wireless and wireline experience is required
- Experience and ability to work hand-in-hand with sales overlay structure
- Advanced proficiency with solution selling, demonstrate in-depth sales and consulting skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills – internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to work with product line, engineering and service delivery teams based in North America
- Demonstrated ability in working with software development teams
- Strong customer advocacy skills complemented by ability to effectively position the value proposition and benefits from the customer perspective
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Self starter and able to interact with people at all levels
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Possess leadership qualities and ability to collaborate with supporting teams
Academic and Professional Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications,or related field.
Experience: At least 10 years experience in direct and indirect sales of Service Assurance and/or OSS and/or Telecom Testing fields.
Travel: Approximately 60%
Other: Authorization to work in US