Summary of the role
Under the supervision of the Manager - Credit, you will have to offer your support to the accounting department by helping them accomplish the following tasks:
More precisely, you will have to:
- Examine each new customer credit request as well as credit reports.
- Maintain and monitor customer credit limits, credit overhaul and credit claims.
- Manage and make collection calls, prepare statements and analyse customer accounts
- Prepare credit card payments
- Supervise customer billing and collection processing
- Examine and process credit notes
- Respond to internal and external customer requests via email and over the phone in English and French.
- Contribute to Finance month end closure.
- Possess the necessary skills to perform collection successfully
- Experience in analyzing financial statements and other credit analysis tools
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Very good SAP knowledge of SAP accounting software
- Ability to work with computer systems
- To have respect for deadlines and teamwork
- Proven ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Work closely with customers internally and externally
- Proactive, responsive and action-oriented
- Analytical spirit and speedy execution
- Autonomy and willingness to continually improve skills and working methods
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Relevant experience : 7 to 10 years of credit and collection exprience, 3-5 years of experience within a large company.
- Language requirements : Excellent spoken and written English skills, Knowledge of French and/or Spanish an asset.
- Education requirement : College diploma.
Any combination of studies / relevant experiences will be considered.