The EXFO Business Development Manager - SaaS, is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value SaaS solutions. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners and customers. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in a number of technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of cloud-based solutions. Influencer and good leader, the BDM – SaaS will work with the sales team to rapidly include EXFO’s new SaaS offer as part of the sales strategy.
- Work closely with product/sales leadership to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for EXFO’s Platform Ecosystem Solution - SaaS
- Coordinate with the global sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers. Interest is to engage in collaborative discussion to determine key operational challenges and define how EXFO’s Platform Ecosystem Solution can solve these challenges.
- Understand customer business metrics and how customer processes influence the achievement of those metrics
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify expectations of performance and growth of EXFO’s Platform Ecosystem Solution - SaaS
- Align EXFO Product Management team with target accounts and engage customers on roadmap decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements
- Coordinate with Product/Sales management teams to align EXFO Platform Ecosystem solution – SaaS to the needs of the customers to affect significant process change that impact customers’ business metrics
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing information to product management teams
- Work with BU direction to optimize SaaS solution pricing and offer
- Work closely with sales and BU director at leveraging EXFO’s partner network for the deployment of the cloud product and services.
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business opportunities, and to market the Platform Ecosystem Solution
- Create an effective annual business plan that directly supports the strategic and financial goals of the business
- Report on business opportunities in targeted markets
- Involved in creating accurate and timely quarterly sales forecasts, and associated KPI reports.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, development, customers, and prospects to set the strategic direction and overall product positioning
- Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity
- Identify potential external third parties and assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions and applications
- On-premises and Cloud based solution licensing and subscription management – software monetization
- Ideally versed in wireless, network core and access technologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers
- Experience with cloud-based solution pricing
- Experience working with service provider/cableco/telco organizations and or related vendors is a definite asset
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
- Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally, etc
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skills
- Initiative and accountability
- Innovative problem solver
Education: Degree/Diploma in engineering or telecommunications technology. Sales, Administration with Software or Engineering background
Experience: 10+ years in sales with at least 5+ years in selling SaaS solutions. Experience with selling solutions including hardware and software is a definite asset. Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience (High tech solution provider). Background in product management and/or business development is a definite asset.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset).
Post-COVID this person will be expected to travel about 30 to 40% of the time to visit customers