EXFO is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Sales Executive that has a proven track record of growing sales. This individual will have experience in developing and implementing sales plans for large accounts, while integrating those strategies into the overall Strategic Sales Plan of their company. The ideal candidate will have experience with and possess the skill sets required to sell up to V.P. levels within their assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall revenue and margin growth of the complete line of EXFO products within the assigned accounts including Test and Measurement portable instruments for the wireless and wirerline customer base..
- Provide leadership within the account teams and regional sales team in order to influence the territory overall growth and skill set development with regards to selling into major accounts. Be a high value member of the overall account team.
- Effectively employ the numerous resources available to impact revenue at the customer. These include the sales account team, solution sales executives, technical support specialists, company executives, channel partners, etc.
- Communicate through verbal and written means to allow for the effortless flow of information among the key stakeholders within EXFO and the customer.
- Have a deep knowledge assigned accounts including Engineering, Planning, Operations, and Network Surveillance.
- Understand the future vision, business goals, and strategic direction of accounts and communicate them to the EXFO team. Work to align the EXFO three year strategic plan with that of the accounts.
- Understand customer business metrics and how customer processes affect the achievement of those metrics.
- Align EXFO solution sets to the needs of the customer to affect significant process change that impact customers’ business metrics.
- Align EXFO personnel resources and establish a distributed alignment between EXFO and assigned accounts at all functional levels of the organization.
- Direct and motivate the account team and channel partners to aggressively pursue all revenue opportunities.
- Raise the EXFO presence within each assigned account and position EXFO as a business partner who is engaged in pre-deployment decisions as to the development of business processes tied to new service and architecture deployment.
- Provide in-depth product, application, and future need input to the Product Management Teams.
- Align the EXFO Product Management Team with assigned account and engage the customer on road map decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements. These requirements will be over a 12 – 18 month time period.
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing information to division personnel.
- Develop strong relationships at the executive level within EXFO in order to affect positive change at EXFO and align corporate objectives and goals with those of assigned accounts.
- Ideally versed in network core and access technologies. The candidate should be an expert in communication technologies, topologies, and testing methodologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the processes whereby assigned accounts utilize test systems and equipment to ensure business metrics are met.
What are we looking for:
- Deep knowledge of assigned accounts business models, strategies, goals, and organizational design.
- Strong relationships with buying influences engaged in technology and equipment planning, purchasing, deployment and maintenance.
- Versed in specific technologies and business processes that accounts are deploying today and in the future.
- Self starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO.
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
- Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
Education: Degree holder in Telecommunications, Optics or Engineering. MBA preferred.
Experience: At least (10) years experience selling telecommunication equipment and or services into the telecommunications market.
Language: English written and spoken
Travel: Approximately 70% travel required