EXFO is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated tele sales person to drive the business and customer engagement process within our smaller accounts. An integral member of one of the geographic Sales Districts but sitting within the office-based sales group you will work closely with the territory sales managers supporting their business through the remote management of transactional opportunities within their large base of smaller yet important accounts. The role is measured and remunerated against a sales target (which is a subset of the territory managers targets to avoid conflict). The role can be either a long-term position for experienced teleworking staff or seen as a 2-3-year experience builder for those wishing to ultimately progress into field sales. The ideal candidate will have a level of technical acumen, commercial drive and experience of selling remotely.
What you’ll do
- Partnering with the territory sales managers within the assigned sales district you will be targeted and commissioned for remotely driving all business from the district small accounts list. Activities will include:
- Developing relationships within those accounts
- Driving opportunities from lead through to close
- Maintaining the CRM records for your accounts
- Driving supplemental business through campaigns
- Driving supplemental business through enhanced digital media promotion and footprint (Linked-In) across your accounts
- Focused lead generation campaigns targeting market application
- Provide a monthly forecast and performance report for the small accounts within each territory of the district in collaboration with the territory manager.
What we’re looking for
- Skills & aptitudes
- A love of sales! A drive for closing deals and winning PO’s
- An engineering or technical background
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional documents, consult with customers via phone and web-based presentation.
- Sales acumen and qualification skills
- Opportunity management experience
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Able to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to collaborate with supporting teams remotely
- Pertinent experience:
- Experience in Telecommunications
- Tele-Sales and consultative sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite
- Must have citizenship or be permanent resident of USA or Canada
- Engineering or Science Degree
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.