Careers at EXFO
Under the supervision of the R&D group manager of hardware engineering, you will work in a multisite and multidisciplinary environment with an experienced team whose mandate is the development of the hardware components used for the creation of test and measurement products for telecommunications networks. . More specifically, as a technical leader you will ensure the technical coordination of development teams made up of specialists, architects, designers and technicians, to developp future EXFO products. In this context, the technical leader is a privileged collaborator for the project manager and aims at an efficient realization of the project at the technical level.
The challenges and mandates foreseen are:
• In collaboration with the members of your teams, develop complete and detailed implementation plans for the projects assigned to you;
• Be the representative of the R&D technical team within the project team;
• Lead technological orientations of product developped
• Ensure technical decision-making;
• Ensure the quality of the HW design of EXFO products
• Ensure interdisciplinary communication;
• Support and coach the design team
• Assign tasks and coordinate activities associated with the deliverables of the R&D technical team;
• Actively participate in the development of his team's schedule in collaboration with the project manager;
• Give the status of the projects;
• Actively lead the resolution of technical issues.
Profile sought and skills required:
• Solid experience in the realization of the hardware part (mechanical, electronic, signal integrity, signal processing (FPGA)) of complex and multidisciplinary technical development projects.
• Experience in complex electronic design for telecommunication products
• Good knowledge of HW product development.
• Openness and leadership
• Team player
• Very good ability to bring together a technical team towards the best solutions.
• Ability to manage priorities with a focus on action and results;
• Excellent planning and project monitoring skills.
• Determined and committed
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a hardware product development environment.
• Concrete experience in multidisciplinary and multisite development environments;
• Fluency in French and English, spoken and written;
• You must hold Canadian citizenship or have your permanent residence in Canada. Any other relevant combination of training and experience will be considered.