Job title: Principal Software Developer
Business unit / department: Service Assurance
Location (country, province/state/city): Pune
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With over 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
Title/Position – Principal Software Developer (Telecom Domain)
As a part of the organization as a Product owner you will be responsible for development of one or multiple products thru Analyze, Design, development and maintaining quality standards for products of EXFO’s service assurance group. You will also be responsible for efficiency gains of team and improving product quality so that minimizing customer feedbacks.
What you’ll do
- Involved in analysing requirements and gauging the complexity, efforts and volume of tasks.
- Act as PO/BA and get business requirement to convert in technical requirement.
- Actively involved in system design & design reviews.
- Actively involvement on leading team from solution point of view.
- Understand the design and implement as per best practices.
- Will be responsible for solving technical problems or issues faced by team members.
- Ensuring the User experience will remain at high.
- Active participations in agile processes, identifying the process improvements and driving them.
- Work on latest & diverse set of technologies and domains
- Works towards scrum team goal, not only towards individual goal.
- Be a motivated team member and think towards achieving end goal and not only finishing day to day task.
- Go getter attitude.
What we’re looking for
What we’re looking for- Technical skills
- 10-15 years of Extensive experience in Telecom Domain.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, L2 & L3 protocol.
- Strong expierence in 4G/LTE & 5G network architecture.
- Person should have knowledge on one key programming language like C++ or Java.
- Able to get in code and do quick proof of concepts
- Strong communication skill.
- Must have expierence to work with multisite people.
- Candidate must have knowledge of Database and their behavior.
- Experienced in Agile development lifecycle
- Having knowledge of Modern technologies will be preferable.
- Practiced and/or implemented agile development cycle
- Inclined towards working on problem
- Think strategic and challenge business accordingly
- Familiar with microservises, cloud native, DevOps concepts to enable seamless customer deployments/ upgrades
- Creative - can devise & implement multiple solutions.
- Passion for quality and excellence.
- A team player, who goes out of his /her way to help the team members, whenever possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have high sense of responsibility, organization and self-sufficient.
- Demonstrate results than anything else
Pertinent experience: 10-15 year
Language requirements: English
Education: Candidate should be computer engineering background
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering (select what is applicable to your location)
- Flexible working hours
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Modern Workspace
- AGILE work methodology
- Variety of social and sports activities
- Social Community Involvement
- Free parking
- Onsite Cafeteria Services
- Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Group Insurance
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer
Thanks for your interest in EXFO.
If you have questions, please write us at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.