Reporting to the Director – US NEM’s , the NEM’s Technical Business Development Manager – Advanced Optics, is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience in sales and positioning high-value solutions pertaining to all aspects of PIC applications, as well as Advanced Optic applications in US Nem’s accounts. Highly developed business acumen, technical and sales skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, PLM’s and customers. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in several technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of EXFO solutions.
- Work closely with products/sales team to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for EXFO Advanced Optical solutions.
- Coordinate with the NEM’s sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers.
- Actively seek out new contacts and customers that are engaged in Advanced Optical applications.
- Drive the sales efforts around Optical products across the US NEM’s account
- Work collaboratively with he Worldwide NEM’s sales force to capitalize on strategic initiative across the globe
- Represent EXFO as an Advanced Optical technology expert in customer visits and technical discussions
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify expectations of performance and growth
- Inform EXFO Product Management team with market intelligence for roadmap decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing information to product management teams
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business opportunities
- Report on business opportunities in target markets
- Work closely with marketing, development, customers, and prospects to set the strategic direction and overall product positioning
- Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity
- Very well versed in Advanced Optic, including PIC technologies as well as ideally in all Optical technologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Well versed with Optical test applications and technologies (OTDR, OSA, Tuneable Lasers, Optical Switches, PIC, LIDAR, etc.)
- Driver/Hunter mentality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in in-depth conversations with customers
- Experience working with NEM’s organizations and or related vendors
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives