The Solution Lead Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership throughout the full life cycle of the Solution within the customer (Sales, Delivery and Sustainability) in close cooperation with the Sales Accounts Manager & Solution Delivery Manager. Identified by the customer as a Trusted Advisor on all technical aspects. Responsible for the High-Level design of the solution (product, services, Bill of Quantity) considering the customer (deployment) environment.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the technical pre-qualification of new opportunities.
- Work closely with the Sales Account Manager to assist technically and conduct customer visits providing expert advice on the uniqueness and advantages of EXFO solutions, to maximize order value and related margin.
- Understand customer needs and gain relevant data to be able to design the optimal solution to solve the required needs.
- Perform network analysis, design and dimensioning at all levels based on customer provided infrastructure and customer usages of the solution.
- Use technical and business writing skills to respond to technical portions of new business proposals, e.g RFP/RFI, especially on complex new solutions tailored to new technologies.
- Build and maintain the High-Level Design of the solution (product, services, Bill of Quantity) considering the customer environment during the life cycle of the Solution.
- Lead from a Technical perspective with the Account Sales Manager in closing sales.
- Work closely with the PLM and the R&D Architects to propose the best solution to the customer, working on product compliance and feedback.
- Close the loop with PLM to ensure a good product roadmap alignment.
- Develop and deliver Solution presentations to customers at all levels.
- Lead from a technical perspective the execution of Pre-Sales Solution Proof of Concept (POC) oversight to ensure the client is successful with the solution and that (the solution) demonstrates operational and business value.
- Consult from a technical perspective with the Delivery Project Manager to fulfill the PO commitments.
- Make the Technical impact assessment of any change request from the customer or EXFO over the life cycle of the Solution.
- Provide feedback loop to product team following solution deployment.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive knowledge of the related domain technologies e.g. 4G, 5G, associated with the solution.
- System & IT competencies in telecommunications network industry.
- Technical expert with ability to architecture the solution with the products inside the customer environment
- Understands and is sensitive to customer business requirements.
- Customer facing, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relations interpersonnelly / strong team attitude.
- Demonstrates solution ownership and accountability.
- Adaptable to change/flexible.
- Innovative business and technical problem solver.
Pertinent experience: Minimum of 5 years of experinece in sales
Language requirements: English
Education: Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent – could be superseded by strong job experience.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering
• Flexible working hours
• Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
• Dynamic and collaborative work environment
• Modern Workspace
• AGILE work methodology
• Social Community Involvement • Free parking
• Terminals for electric cars
• Easy access to public transport
• Onsite Cafeteria Services
• Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
• Annual Bonus Program
• RRSP Program and Group Insurance