EXFO is looking for a Software Designer to join the development team working on the SensAI platform.
The Software Designer will be a key contributor in the design, implementation, and test of large components on the backend of the SensAI platform.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in backend software development, and a good understanding of current technologies, and methods, for the development of big data and cloud native applications.
- Contribute to backend development of one or more large components of the SensAI platform
- Join small groups of developers in the design, implementation, test, and delivery of these modules
- Acquire knowledge and become a strong contributor in one or more areas of the SensAI platform, including their technology stacks
- Participate in the evolution of test automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in software development, specifically backend development of large systems using Java on Linux
- Experience with big data applications and ecosystems, e.g., Kafka, Spark, no-SQL databases, Elastic Search, HBASE, DRUID
- Knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes is highly desired
- Experience with application deployment to the cloud is a definite plus
- Some knowledge of Telecom monitoring applications would be a definite asset
- Self-reliant and autonomous
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to learn on a continuous basis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and through writing
- Passion and curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English is a must; being bilingual in English / French is a definite asset
- Ability to work remotely effectively, as part of a hybrid work from office / work from home scheme