EXFO is looking for a Software Designer DevOps to join the development team working on the SensAI platform.
The Software Designer DevOps will be a key contributor in the application of the DevOps mindset and toolsets to the development, test, delivery, and deployment of the SensAI platform.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in DevOps toolsets, as well as in software development, delivery, deployment, and operations, especially of big data and cloud native applications.
- Be a key contributor to process automation for development, test, delivery, and deployment of the SensAI platform
- Join small groups of developers to bring knowledge of DevOps toolsets, and propagate the DevOps mindset
- Acquire knowledge and become a strong contributor in one or more areas of the SensAI platform, including their technology stacks
- Participate in the evolution of test automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
What we're looking for
- A strong background in devOps toolsets for big data solutions, e.g., Ansible, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, git, gitlab.com
- Experience with deployment of big data applications and ecosystems, e.g., Kafka, Spark, no-SQL databases, Elastic Search, HBASE, DRUID
- Knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes is highly desired
- Experience with application deployment to the cloud is highly desired
- Knowledge of system security is a definite plus
- Self-reliant and autonomous
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to learn on a continuous basis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and through writing
- Passion and curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English is a must; being bilingual in English / French is a definite asset
- Ability to work remotely effectively, as part of a hybrid work from office / work from home scheme