Under the supervision of a Senior Software Designer, and within the Research and Development, Product Improvement Group, the main responsibility of the Coop Student is to assist the team in resolving customer issues and developing tools in line with the support of functionalities for test and measurement equipment.
What you’ll do
Depending on the dept needs during the work period, the coop student could:
- Analyze and troubleshoot customer issues;
- Propose software code changes or refactoring functions;
- Elaborate and execute a test plan to validate the quality of the application;
- Set up various network configurations to support the engineering activities;
- Participate to daily team meetings in a Kanban environment;
- Any other related tasks or duties related to the function.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of C# programming language and .NET Framework environment;
- Knowledge of C++ programming language (asset);
- Knowledge of Web Technologies such as Angular, Cordova, Ionic (asset);
- Good knowledge of UML methodology;
- Knowledge of protocols such as Ethernet, TCP/IPv4/IPv6 (or any IP stack knowledge), Sonet/SDH, DSn/PDH, Fibre Channel.
- Passionate and persevering;
- Attention to detail and quality of work;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Organizational skills;
- Good communication skills;
Education: Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering student. Any other relevant education/experience will be considered.
Language: Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English