- As a part of the organization as a Software Developer in R&D/Wireless Monitoring entity, you are responsible for the development, the delivery and maintenance of the Passive Probe product.
- You integrate a SAFe Agile team, which brings together all the necessary skills for a software project (Product Owner, Scrum master, Team players)
- You will be part of Tier 1 customer group to develop specificities and customer care activities by leading complex troubleshooting issues.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the Scrum Team ceremonies
- Estimate the stories for features and enablers during backlog refinement
- Contribute to the risk and dependencies analysis before launching Product Increment
- Contribute, with the help of the Technical Product Manager (TPO), to the scheduling of activities, choice of technology, development and test tools, and review of test plans
- Troubleshoot customer system’s Telecom issues and Probing issues in Wireless Monitoring & Troubleshooting context for both Control Plane and User Plane.
- Be involved with software development team for future development and improvements to be implemented from the collected customer cases from the support group
- Accountable for customer satisfaction on the resolution
- Ensure the transfer of technical knowledge to support and engineering teams
- Be part of the E2E system team (all components) for the customer
Realize R&D projects:
- Take in charge development activities/ follow development guidelines / produce associated software documentation
- Actively participate to sprint planning
- Commit as a team player to the sprint content delivery
- Take in charge part of development tests & associated documentation
- Actively participate to continuous improvement via Agile best practices
- Participate to the success of the Tier 1 Project
- Make sure Customer improvements will be ported into product mainstream
- Be part of the team to deploy Cloud Probe based solution in customer environment
Be responsible for the quality and schedule of deliverables:
- Be responsible of the quality of his deliverables by ensuring, right level of test and design review of his modules, ensuring the completion of the test coverage of his deliverables, achieving test execution by himself, as appropriate, until quality level is reached
- Be responsible for delivering his own deliverables in line with schedule agreed with team and project leader
- Respect SLA from customer
Provide technical support:
- Bring technical expertise to the Support teams
What we’re looking for
- Core development:
- Strong experience in C/C++ development in industrial environment
- Experience with DPDK is a plus
- Devops / automation
- scripting languages (Python, Shell, Groovy)
- tools (Jenkins, Gitlab-ci, Robot Framework, Nexus/Artifactory)
- deployment frameworks: ansible, openstack
- Cloud technologies:
- docker, microservice-based architectures, Kubernetes
- Network and system knowledge (linux kernel, network stacks) is a plus
- Knowledge of all the main signaling procedures, protocols, algorithms on a specific part of the network (radio, access, core, applications)
- Have a good theoretical understanding of Data Networking and telecommunications
- Master the analogies between all current network technologies
- Bring a transversal view on the telecom aspects of the product and services.
- You are capable of managing development tasks in complete autonomy, immersing yourself in existing codes and proposing corrections and evolutions
- Your experience will demonstrate your ability to review and challenge the software practices in place at Exfo
- You are also able to imagine how your product can be future proof and how it can integrate new technologies
- You combine analytical thinking with the ability to synthesize, you are rigorous in your analyses and developments
- Your relationship allows you to work naturally “as a team” in an international environment
- Autonomous, rigorous, and flexible and demonstrate a capacity for analysis and synthesis.
- Solid experience in strong interaction with international customers, and have shown, in this context, an excellent level of communication and leadership.
- Passionate, curious and eager to learn.
Pertinent experience: minimum of 5 years’ experience in C/C++ software development in industrial context
- Language requirements: French, English
- Education: Master's degree in computer science or equivalent
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering :
- Working on innovating projects with new technologies
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- AGILE work methodology
- Career development and mobility inside the Group