Careers at EXFO
Wireless Telecom Regional Sales Manager for Homeland Security Business
You will be an integral part of the Homeland Security Sales Organization to enhance the Sales Organization’s ability to compete in existing and emerging markets in Homeland Security business (Police, Defense / Military, Intelligence Services) in the North and Latin America.
Regional sales focus:
Based from the EXFO office or home office as appropriate to the candidate, you will be responsible for the North America/Canada sales region and the execution of sales strategies for the Homeland Security (Police, Defense / Military, Intelligence Services) Business Division sales regionally.
What we are looking for regional sales focus:
• Manage Homeland Security sales activities for North America / Canada markets.
• Have a strong sense of responsibility for delivering or exceeding sales targets with Homeland Security and governmental solutions & services.
• Establish the sales strategy and objectives for products, identify customers, channels and key market segments to penetrate, and draw up business and strategic sales plans.
• Develop strong customer networks and a strategy for increasing our notoriety within the sector.
• Maintain close relationship with Product Management and R&D team to ensure our client’s needs are well known and understood, also to better direct future product development.
• Provide constant feedback to the management team on the competition and changes in technology trends.
• Strong sales management track record (10years +) in public sector, particular in internal and external security (police, defense / military, intelligence services) applications.
• Existing networks and knowledge of the governmental security domain market.
• Telecommunications technical experience.
• Computer proficiency.
• Experience in database management (CRM) as used in sales activities.
• The ability to obtain and hold US/Canadian Security Clearance.
• Extremely customer-oriented.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Self-starter, able to interact with people at all levels and the ability to work unsupervised.
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willingness and ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Willingness to travel > 50% of time, also internationally.
• Willingness to work remotely at inconvenient hours.
• Pro-active and entrepreneurial skill set.
• Professional history as Armed Forces/Police Officer or Civil Servant a plus
Education: University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
Pertinent experience: At least 10 years’ experience in direct and indirect sales of surveillance equipment/systems or wireless telecommunications solutions for homeland security / government solutions customers.
Languages: Fluent in English language. Additional languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese) are an advantage.
You will also be required to perform any other task related to this position.