As a member of the R&D group, you participate in all stages of the development of test & measurement instruments for optical components for telecommunications. Within a multidisciplinary team and in a multi-site environment, you will develop cutting-edge products, considered to be the most efficient in the world in the field of instrumentation for optical fiber.
In this position, you will participate in product development from feasibility analysis through to qualification and transfer to production.
More specifically, as a Mechanical Designer:
- You will establish the concept of the product in collaboration with your teammates from other disciplines and with partners from other teams (marketing, production, etc.)
- You will do the mechanical design of the various measuring instrument subsystems, including opto-mechanics, motorized positioning systems, manufacturing tools and product housing.
- You will carry out the necessary technical analyzes (heat management, dynamics, tolerancing, service life, etc.) using modern tools.
- You will plan and supervise the mechanical qualification of the products.
- You will support production engineering regarding documentation and assembly procedures.
What we are looking for
- Mastery of 3D mechanical design and modeling. Experience with opto-mechanical designs is considered an asset
- Knowledge and use of SolidWorks mechanical design tools
- Knowledge and use of SolidWorks Flow Simulation thermal simulation tool and SolidWorks Simulation stress analysis
- Knowledge of dimensional and geometric tolerancing
- Knowledge and use of common manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining, injection molding, metal molding, etc.)
- Team spirit and good communication skills
- Have leadership
- Creativity and spirit of innovation
- Ability to work in a multi-project framework with concern for meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary framework
- Attention to detail and quality of work
Education: Bac + 5, Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
Relevant experience: relevant experience of at least 10 years.
Language requirement: French and English (oral and written)
Any combination of relevant studies / experiences will be considered.